Sunday, December 29, 2013

What does the fox say? Stampin' Up, Life in the Forest birthday card, Occasions catalog sneak peek


 
My kids went ape over this card. Kids and adults alike love"What does the fox say?". I couldn't stop saying "ring-ding-a-ring-ding"... in my head as I was making this adorable card.  This is perfect for that hard to find card for your middle schooler and not too girly so that any man would be proud to receive. This Life in the Forest stamp set from Stampin' Up got me thinking and with the word bubble framelits - I just had to do it! And as long as I was gettin' foxy, grass from fringe scissors - yes!  Funny thing is, the next day I looked on Pinterest and saw Dawn Tidd had a similar idea, so this card is also inspired by her. I love how she layered the grass, so I totally cased that part of it and added the word bubble.  There is not a stamp that says "What does the fox say", so I just printed this using My Digital Studio directly onto the soft sky card stock. LOVE MDS!

Stampin' Up supplies used:
stamps: Life in the Forest, Just Sayin', Says It All
paper: whisper white, cajun craze, gumball green, soft sky 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock; watercolor wonder designer series paper
ink: basic black classic stampin' pad, stampin' write basic black marker
BigShot: word bubbles framelits die, envelope liner framelit die
accessories: basic rhinestones
tools: Stampin' Up paper snips, fringe scissors
adhesives: two way glue, stampin' dimensionals, snail adhesive
"What does the fox say?" was printed using My Digital Studio

Directions:
Cut whisper white at 4 1/4" and fold longways for base.  In MDS, create 8 1/2" x 11" project and flush left a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" text box then center the text in the text box. Export and print on soft sky paper and then trim at 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".  Create three layers of gumball green each with the same width as soft sky piece, tearing two and using fringe scissors on one for grass layers.  Stamp fox and mushrooms on cajun craze and whisper white. Trim with scissors. Stamp trees on watercolor wonder chevron paper and also trunks of trees on cajun craze. Trim with scissors. Adhere layers of white onto fox and mushrooms and cajun craze tree trunks with 2 way glue.  Color outside of word bubble stamp with basic black marker from Just Sayin' stamp set.  Then stamp onto whisper white.  Stamp the "happy birthday" sentiment from Says It All inside of word bubble and cut with word bubble framelit in BigShot.  Layer trees in background with 2 way glue onto soft sky layer. Layer farthest back grass, then the other tree, then the fringe grass, then the cutie fox and mushroom and then the shortest grass piece.  Adhere word bubble with stampin' dimensionals (I stacked one on top of the other since there were so many layers).  Don't forget to rhinestone the cute little guy's nose. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the card, as does my daughter. Like you I can't get the tune out of my head and my daughter now has my mother singing it too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! Thx for commenting. I love comments and I LOVE this card!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...