Wednesday, October 29, 2014

#whatagreatmoment Nativity

#whatagreatmoment Nativity

Sometimes I see a pretty card and straight-up case it or tweak it to make it my own. However, sometimes I challenge myself to come up with a card all on my own. This is the story of this, one of my favorite creations ever. I like for cards to mean something and I get so excited when stamp sets tell a story. In this case, I received the stamp set @SoSocial as an gift from my upline (Becky Liggin) for participation on our Stampin' Up Stampin 911 Facebook page. I was wanting so badly to use it on a Christmas card. I looked and looked through the sentiments. I was stuck on "kindofabigdeal" in relation to the nativity, but my hubby said the Anchorman said that in a movie, Yikes! Then it struck me like the light from the Star of Bethlehem must have struck the shepherds that night. "#whatagreatmoment". It was perfect! Indeed, the moment when Joseph and Mary looked at the baby, our Saviour Jesus Christ... wow! That's how this card was born.  My choice of white paper reflects the simplicity and the purity of the scene and the silver details give suggestions of royalty for the future. Why the ribbon? That's all I had left (tee hee) and it's a neat trend I see in card making with stapling and simple uses of ribbon. 

You are going to want this stamp set now, aren't you? The possibilities are endless...

@SoSocial stamp set
$26.95 (clear) $ 36.95 (wood)
Stampin' Up supplies used:
stamps: The Newborn King, @SoSocial
paper: whisper white, silver glimmer paper
ink: memento ink pad, encore silver pad (sponged on edges)
tools: Project Life corner punch, modern label punch
ribbon: silver 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon
other: silver sparkle dazzling details

Tips:
Sponge the edges with silver encore ink
To make the silver layer behind the modern label punched sentiment, just punch the silver one, cut in half and attach to either end of the white punched layer with the sentiment with snail adhesive
I added dazzling details to the roof of the stable and the stars

Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here! 
 
 
Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!
 
Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!
 
To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...