Sunday, September 12, 2021

Feels Like Home Fussy Coloring Lesson

 

I earned this stamp set Feels Like Home for free with a purchase last month, and if I'm being honest it sat on my shelf for quite some time.


 I do tend to shy away from what I call "fussy coloring" stamp sets. But... once a stamp set enters my craft room, I do like to make at least one card with it. And...I love a challenge. THEN I saw a video from Patty Bennett, a very talented Stampin' Up demonstrator using this set making this very card and I was floored.  I quite thought I could never achieve this, then I did. The moral of the story is...it's just ink and paper. Don't be scared to try something new. Enough about me, now on to the card!  I used a gazillion blends to color the stamped area and the Color Lifter blend to make the vanishing brick background- great idea from Patty. 
Here is a link to ALL the items and markers I used that you can purchase here. Grab up some markers for yourself! 
Option 1: select 6 sets and get a the Feels Like Home stamp set #156607 free
Option 2: pick 13 sets (WOW) and pay only $99 then also pick a free bundle (as long as you do it by Sept 30th when Saleabration ends. I love collecting things, don't you?


Dimensions: thick Basic White 5 1/4 x 4" ish (for blended layer)
Basic Gray Base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" score at 4 1/4", In Good Taste Designer Paper 5 1/4 x 4, Cherry Cobbler: 4 1/2" x 3 1/8", Stitched Rectangle Die to cut the blended layer

Watch the video for the coloring lesson here:

Here's a few other Feels Like Home ideas from Stampin' Up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...