Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stampin' Up bookmark gift card holders make PERFECT teacher gifts

 
 
 
"Those Who Bring Sunshine" bookmark gift card holder
 
Here at papermadeprettier, I think giving a gift card without some sweet packaging is just insane!  I love a gift card, and see it as an opportunity to share my love of papercrafting and Stampin' Up! with others. On Valentine's I wanted to do something special for my children's classroom teachers, and I was kinda short on time, so I bought Starbuck's gift cards. Of course, when though I got home late after searching all over time for Frozen character's for my princess's valentine box, I just could not give them without some kind of clever packaging. Late night crafting session was in store :). What does a teacher need? BOOKMARKS!  So, I made a bookmark gift card holder. Aww! I love it! My son has male and female teachers, so I made the other one a little more masculine.

BOYMARK

 
GIRL MARK



This is one of those projects that I didn't have a plan for and just kept adding things to until it was supercute and I love the result! I LOVE the scallop tag topper punch from Stampin' Up!  The problem is, it uses a 2 inch strip of paper and the gift card was 2 1/4" UGH.  So, more layers were needed which made it even prettier!

Stampin' Up! supplies used:
stamps: Feel Goods, watercolor wonder (Occasions catalog - OC) OR mosaic madness (masculine version)
ink: basic black, baked brown sugar (macsculine only bookmark) and island indigo classic stampin' pad
paper: whisper white and island indigo 8 1/2 x 11" paper, gold foil sheets (OC)
tools: scalloped tag topper punch, small heart punch, corner rounder
adhesive: double sided tape, glue dots
ribbon: gold baker's twine (OC)
embellishments: watercolor wonder washi tape (OC)

Directions:
Cut whisper white at 2 inch x 8 1/2" strip, punch one end with scalloped tag topper punch.  Cut 2 strips of island indigo at 8 x 2 1/2" and use corner rounder on one end of each strip.  Cut a slit at 3 1/2" from the straight end almost all the way across for the gift card. 

 
Insert gift card into slit and put a piece of double sided tape just under the card so it doesn't slip down between the layers!

 
Then adhere it to the other matching island indigo strip (otherwise the gift card will show on the bookmark side).  On whisper white strip, stamp black flower, then the squarish swooshy stamp in indigo (I stamped it on another piece of paper using the stampin' off technique because it was too dark otherwise). Do not re-ink the stamp and stamp it 3 x getting lighter as you go down.  Color half of the saying with an indigo marker and stamp towards top at an angle. Clean stamp well then color the other half and stamp towards the bottom. Adhere washi tape and then punch the heart from foil and ahere with glue dot. Cut the twine, double it and loop through the open hole of the bookmark.

This is a perfect gift for anyone!!!

Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here!

Join my papermadeprettier team!

Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!

Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!

To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...