Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February Paper Pumpkin Fun! It's not too late to CLAIM your free markers!


February Paper Pumpkin is here!  I was sooo excited (as usual) to see what's in the pretty orange box. I can't tell you how fun it is to get a fully functional craft project with all of it's pieces in the mail every month. (I got my daughter her own, so mine is all mine now :).   Now the picture above is thinking outside the box (or gift bag!)  Here's the kit! (for details on the pretty bag above, keep reading). 

DON'T FORGET, THE FREE MARKER OFFER ENDS MARCH 31st. Go to www.mypaperpumpkin.com to join today and list me (Kay Cogbill) as your demo! 

Here's what the box looks like
 
It's like your birthday or Christmas the way they wrap it so pretty:
 

The next thing I spy?  One of my favorite colors, pistachio pudding ink spot. I know I'm gonna love this kit! And the circle stamps, YES!


Oh my, here it is in all it's glory. I feel like it went on forever and ever. 5 gorgeous and sturdy gift bags to create complete with summer starfruit baker's twine, white grosgrain ribbon, bags with heavy duty grommets, circle stamps, mini clothespins and cut out letters and circles. LOVE IT! As usual, I can't wait to create!!!

 
Here are the bags just as the instructions say to do them. Too cute!
 
 
Now here's thinking "outside the bag"!
 
 
 
I sat and stared at those circles that I had leftover until this thought hit me, and I HAD to try this. I have always wanted to make paper ornaments, but Christmas is always so crazy!  Here's how you do it. Cut an equilateral triangle which fits in the circle (I just had to wing it till it worked, a math teacher might know how to make one, not me!) 
 

Then place the triangle in the middle of the circle and score around it



Then fold up edges and assemble with snail adhesive or double sided tape (at first I made it solid, but then I flipped the circles around and stamped the striped pattern on):


 
Then you attatch 1/2 to 1/2 of the sphereish contraption:
 

Then I added rhinestones and pistachio ruffle stretched trim to make it fabulous.
Then the white ribbon just had to be dyed. First, I dragged the ribbon over the pistachio pudding spot:

 
Then let it dry and it looks like so:
 
 
Very cute, but I wanted more fabulousness, so I got out my Bermuda bay stamp pad and dyed just the middle with a closed ball point pen:
 


Fabulous two toned ribbon!  Now that blog post is IN THE BAG!

Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here!

Join my papermadeprettier team!

Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!

Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!

To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...