Friday, April 4, 2014

He is Risen again indeed! Easter card from the Blessed Easter stamp set


He Is Risen: "Blessed Easter" Card

 
I loved this "Blessed Easter" single stamp set in the Occasions 2014 Stampin' Up catalog, so at the very reasonable price of $11.95 I snapped it up! This was one of those cards that evolved over many hours. I'm not gonna lie, this one was a challenge.  I am typically not a traditional, lacy, flowery kind of a girl, so I struggled to make it something that I loved.  I also wanted to make it extra specially pretty as it was for our card ministry at church and we are making it to send to our homebound members.  At 1am, I was happy with the results!!! :) If you're like me, some of the best creations are borne out of the peaceful quiet of late hours when everyone is asleep. Can you relate? I used the watercoloring technique to watercolor the flowers with tangerine tango, crushed curry and around the flowers in a very light coastal cabana. Initially, I did not add the cross, but could not do Easter without a cross. There are no crosses in the current catalog, so I pulled a retired one that I had.  I am very happy with the card and know the ladies at the card ministry will enjoy making it!
 
Stampin' up supplies used:
Stamp set: Blessed Easter, Crosses of Hope (retired - can you believe no current cross stamp - or not that I know of)
ink: coastal cabana, baked brown sugar markers, basic black, baked brown sugar, tangerine tango and crushed curry classic stampin' pads
paper: very vanilla, coastal cabana, baked brown sugar card stock, retrofresh designer series paper (Occasions catalog)
tools: circle punches and circle Bigshot die, blender pens
embellishments: coastal cabana ruffle stretched trim, very vintage designer buttons, calypso coral baker's twine
adhesive: snail, stampin' dimensionals
 
Instructions: Cut out vanilla circle with Bigshot, stamp flowers on it in basic black. Let dry. Cut strip of designer paper backed with baked  brown sugar and layer, then affix to card.  Watercolor flowers. Stamp flowers onto a scrap sheet and cut out to use as a mask. Stamp cross next to and behind flowers with the mask in place over the flowers.  Use snail adhesive around entire edge of circle and adhere ruffle stretched trim (it's easier to do this from the front, where you can see the seam of the ribbon).  Tie twine through button and adhere with a stampin' dimensional to the card. Color sentiment stamp and stamp on scrap vanilla paper and then layer on larger coastal cabana and brown sugar circles, then affix to card with snail adhesive.

Don't miss my SIMPLE SATURDAY post tomorrow! 

Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here!

Join my papermadeprettier team!

Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!

Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!

To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...