Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This can't be BURLAP? But it is! Burlap 3 ways FOUR YOU!

 BURLAP 3 ways you never thought of!  

I have always loved Stampin' Up's burlap ribbon, but have felt somewhat limited with it on cards since it is so wide at 1 1/4".  Just think "outside the strip" and the possibilities are endless!  These cards were inspired by Ronda Wade and tweaked with colors and my new favorite designer series paper Park Lane.  It's so elegant and versatile!  Let me share what unconventional ways burlap ribbon can be used for card making!  Include links at the end of this post in the comments to your versatile burlap ribbon creations! I'd love to see what you come up with! 

Birthday Wishes: Make your OWN Burlap "twine"


This little bugger would not stay closed and it just needed a little something to soften up the geometric pattern of the adorable Park Lane designer series paper, don't you think. Just Cut a 12 inch strip of burlap, grab an end and tug and pull a thread out of the strip!  Tie it on and you are DONE!  Burlap Twine, check!

Thinking of You: Burlap Accent



What a brilliant idea by Ronda Wade!  This was a case of one of her cards and it is ADORABLE!!! Snip 2 inches off and adhere with fast fuse to the card. You will want to adhere your flowers with glue dots to the burlap to get them to stick well. Did you notice the designer paper punched out flowers form the itty bitty punch pack (one of my faves!).

Thank you card: Frayed Burlap Edging

 

This just happened!  After I had made the gift card holder and the other card, I had this piece of frayed burlap leftover.  I had initially adhered the daffodil delight layer to the blackberry bliss layer without it and it just needed a little something else. Then I spied my frayed burlap! Tape it to the back of the card and voila! It's perfect. This is what I  LOVE about Stampin' Up materials and card making. The possibilities are endless!  IF you read this on 9/23/14, text me or email me and you can make these beauties at my papermadeprettier card class TODAY!

 
Stampin' Up supplies used:
stamp set: Four You
paper: black berry bliss, calypso coral, daffodil delight, old olive and whisper white card stock, Park Lane Designer series paper
ink: blackberry bliss and calypso coral
tools: Petite petals punch, itty bitty punch pack, scalloped edge punch and bird punch (leaves on Thinking of You card)
embellishments: basic adhesive jewel rhinestones
OUR HERO: Burlap ribbon
 
 

Burlap Possibilities Suite includes:
Purchase this suite of products today from me and I'll send you these 3 completed cards! 
  • (whisper white, daffodil delight, calypso coral blackberry bliss, old olive card stock 3 sheets of each)
  • Four You stamp set clear or wood (please specify)
  • burlap ribbon
  • Park Lane designer series paper
  • basic jewel rhinestones
  • petite petals punch
Clear SUITE price = $58.00, Wood set SUITE price = $62.00
 
Email me today to purchase this suite of products!  cogbill22@yahoo.com
 
OR
 
Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here! 
 
 
Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!
 
Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!
 
To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...