Saturday, October 11, 2014

Simple Saturday: The Tale of Two Cards

 

The Tale of Two Cards

 
I suppose I am at the age where many of my friends are getting breast cancer. My Aunt fought it long ago, my best friend growing up's mom died from it, quite some time ago.  This past year, I watched my three friends Lisa, Maeghan and Lana fight this horrible illness and the year before, Lisa. As I was registering for Race for The Cure, I reflected on the past year and had that feeling, you know it, "nothing else can happen , last year was just too bad". I was shocked to learn that another of my dear friends, my children's past Kindergarten teacher was diagnosed.  These cards tell a story.  As my friend are battling, I just want to say, "I'm praying for you", which I do often.  For my friends that that fought it and won, I want to say "you're awesome!".  I hate this horrible disease and pray for the day that pink ribbons are for tutus and prom dresses. (I saw this on the back of a shirt at Race for The Cure, LOVE IT!) 

These two cards sparkle and dazzle like my friends above and I hope you will join me in passing the word of hope to others that are fighting, winning and losing the battle with cancer.  Make a card, address it, stamp it and just send it. TODAY.

I'd like to give a special shout out to Lana Dunn! I am going to her survivor celebration today and anticipate the launch of her new non-profit, The Journey Project TODAY to be amazing, just like she is!  For now, her site is "under construction", but check it out periodically, I know it will ROCK! 

Stampin' Up supplies used:
Stamp sets: Big News (awesomeness card), Trust God (praying for you)
paper: pink pirhouette and melon mambo cardstock
ink: melon mambo
ribbon: melon mambo taffeta ribbon
embellishments: self adhesive basic jewel rhinestones

Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here! 
 
 
Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!
 
Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!
 
To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...