Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Royal Simplicity is Born! Blackberry bliss and champagne glimmer = WOW!

The Newborn King

Color has always been a fascination of mine. I've always been attracted to colors that mean something. Purple has always been my color of choice in lieu of the traditional and green at Christmas.  This shade of purple from Stampin' Up! - blackberry bliss is PERFECT to pay tribute to our newborn savior Jesus Christ! It is royal, like he is and reminds me of the advent color of the season (in our church, anyway!).  The champagne glimmer paper gives him the royal treatment he deserves this time of year. Ok, Now I officially can not wait until Christmas. Hope this speaks to you too!
 
Stampin' Up! supplies used:
stamp set: The Newborn King
paper: blackberry bliss card stock, champagne glimmer paper
ink: gold encore pad
ribbon: gold sequin trim
other: gold embossing powder. uni-ball signo white gel pen
 
Tips:
I colored in the Jesus and Mary with the white gel pen to highlight them. The white initially pulled the purple out, so let it dry and do it again the next day!
Add one sequin to the star. Position the star on the clear mount block where you want it with the main stamp and save yourself a step in stamping.
Use a embossing buddy so you won't get  a few stray grains and smudges gold like I did!
Stampin' Up's heat embossing gun is way better than the chain store embossing guns. Just sayin'
 
Shop 24/7 for stampin' supplies in my online store, here! 
 
 
Find my upcoming events! in Little Rock, Arkansas!
 
Follow papermadeprettier on Pinterest and Facebook!
 
To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, email me cogbill22@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...