Tuesday, March 8, 2016

70's Disco Weekend Craft Escape RECAP! Go glittery or go home!


WOW!  Now that I've dug my way out from all the boxes and crafter-math of moving my craft room from my home to the local 4H center here in town, I can reflect on the amazing time we had at my 70's Disco Craft Escape Weekend. A retreat of this magnitude requires a fair amount of prep work!
First, I designed the groovy, glimmery, make and takes. If you don't sparkle and shine, you can't come! 


I may or may not have created a DISCO BALL out of a honeycomb embellishment.  



I can NOT get enough of this Sunburst Sayings stamp set, Shine On paper, Sunburst Thinlit, the bicycle stamp OR this glimmer tape. So I just combined it all into one card!  (Watch for a YouTube video coming soon on how to make this card!)


Next is the groovy pyramid (inside is a tootsie pop, of course)


I'll do separate posts on how to make all three of these lovelies!  

Packets were prepped (that's alot of bling!)


My assistant Audra Jones (THANK you!) and I packed and loaded my whole craft room!


Now to transform this space into a Disco Hall. WOW! 


Lots of goodies to greet my girls with! 


Let me let you see that close up! 70's fruit stripe gum, pop rocks, a disco candle holder for keeping your things all net and nice, Iced Rhinestones, Star Wars Kleenexes and YES you do see GLIMMER TAPE. Part of the $50 grab bag was the free GLIMMER TAPE Saleabration item. 


Even the trash cans were cute! 


Disco nameplates are a must-have and were a snap with glimmer tape! 


No retreat is complete without PILLOW GIFTS!!!
Roll on lip gloss and whatchamacallits!


Embellished hand-sani and a disco Tic-Tac Slider


Lemonheads, iced rhinestones and Wink of Stella - with a cute tag of course! 
Each attendee also received a Saleabration set of their choice as a parting gift!


No need to bring a THING when I've relocated my craft room to the tool station! 


Need a project? Kits galore and adhesive station!


PRIZES! 


70's candy bar with Zotz, Reeses Pieces, Ju Ju Bees, Life Savers, Jelly Bellies and chocolate of course. DISCO BALL and strobe light were in the house!


Share and Display!


Any good retreat has get to know you games! 



I was so proud of my girls and the 70s disco costume contest! Prizes were available for all participants!  OF COURSE!  


  No 70;'s event is complete without a fondue party! This was supposed to be fondue, but we called this FON-DON'T!  ha ha! p.s. Do not make fondue in the microwave! DUH, there weren't microwaves in the 70's! At least the chocolate was good! 


Anachronism anyone? There are 2! 


YES we had TAB! Amazon is the only place to get it. 


PRIZE PATROL was in the house.......OFTEN! 




And we didn't cook a lick!  


Here are just a sampling of our fun creations!  We got a TON done! 




Want to be a part of the fun again, or next time???? You can! 

***SAVE THE DATE*** 
 Fall Holiday Retreat 2016! 
September 23-25, 4H Center in Little Rock, AR

SPACE WILL BE LIMITED to the first spots reserved with a $50 non-refundable deposit, so don't miss out! 
Pay here TODAY to reserve your spot! 
http://paypal.me/papermadeprettier/50

approx retreat fees: 
No lodging/food included $165
 Most fun! lodging (shared)/food included $260
 Lodging room (single)/food $310


Need an Occasions and Saleabration catalog?  Don't have a demonstrator? Email me! cogbill22@yahoo.com

Shop 24/7 for all your stampin' supplies in my online store, here!   During Saleabration, spend $50 and pick a Saleabration item FREE!!!
Save Join my papermadeprettier team! You could get all the in colors and more for a steal with a starter kit!  It's $155 for only $99 AND free shipping! plus 20% on all future purchases! 
Host To hostess an event in the Central Arkansas area, and during Saleabration earn $25 more FREE at your party! email me cogbill22@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...