Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A SASSY card fit for a queen and a tale of puppy love



My mother is one of my most supportive customers. I hope you have someone in your life who is your constant cheerleader. My mom (and sister) are two of my biggest cheerleaders in life and certainly in my Stampin' Up business. Many of my customers know my mom as she comes to many of my events and my monthly card class is in her beautiful home. 

My mom and dad lost her dog to an accident in the spring and their hearts were just broken, as anyone's heart would be. Our stamping community was sad and grieved with her. Sweet Dusty would no longer bound in to greet us when we came to class. That next card meeting was quiet, but we stamped and comforted my mom as any friends would do.

My mom is not one to wallow in grief and sadness and honestly...couldn't we all be  more like that? Her mother (my daughter's namesake - Hope) was one to always look on the bright side and she did just that. When she felt she was ready, she set her sights on a new puppy. We are happy to introduce the newest member of the family.......Sassy!  She is an adorable cavapoo and is only a little over two pounds! What a lucky dog she is to have found her home with my parents. She's so teeny, she snuggled up right under dad's chair.


I share this story on my blog because my mom had a birthday very close to Sassy's arrival day, and as I was in my stamp room, getting ready to make her a card, I had the perfect idea. A sassy card!



 

 I reached for Bella and Friends and found everything sassy, sparkly and pink that I could find in the stamp room. The Berry Burst and Bermuda Bay combo was perfect. I used the embossing paste with Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on. She needed some golden sparkle, so I used the scalloped framelits from the Layering Ovals set. She's adorable enough for the stitched shape oval of course. The bow on Sassy came from the Fox punch and I added a rhinestone with Wink of Stella..just for that last bit of shimmer. I added an enamel shape in Bermuda Bay to her collar, then finished it all with a dainty, yet sassy Berry Burst ribbon. I watercolored Sassy in with a combo of Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and a little Crushed Curry.

I share this with my stampers so that you know my mom and dad are happy, and while Dusty will always hold a special place in their hearts, Sassy has found a home fit for the queen she is. Between 4 grandkids and many dog lovers in the family, I'm not sure this pup will touch the ground! Welcome home, Sassy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...