Thursday, February 2, 2023

In The Country Spotlight Technique: 4 versions for ALL Seasons cards


Sometimes you go down a road that may just surprise you!  This week, I've been working with the In The Country stamp set #160828 by Stampin' Up.  We are using it in my Stamp Technique Club this weekend (you can STILL join either LIVE or ONLINE TO GO with PDFs and Videos). Sign up and find out more here! Here are those cards: 
If I'm being honest, this was the last set I wanted from the Free Saleabration Items this month, but I really wanted to get into coloring at Technique Club so I set out to challenge myself with it. WOW...am impressed.  I will admit I spent 2 hours with 6 versions of that left hand card until I loved it.  Persistence paid off, though.  
Learn how to make the summer version of the card I showed at the top of this post in this video:   


I used the In The Country set and stamped it first on a Basic White layer cut with the Deckled Rectangles Dies using Early Espresso ink. Then I stamped another onto a Basic White scrap and cut with my Layering Circles Dies.  Then I colored with the following Stampin' Blends Colors: 
Dark sea foam (grass), Bronze (fence), light Soft Suede (dirt road), Light Pool Party (sky), Dark Mossy Meadow (evergreen trees), Dark Granny Apple Green (hardwood trees). The Designer Paper on the front is the By The Bay Designer paper and sentiment is from the Something Fancy Bundle (my suggestion as a Bundle to get the FREE stamp set) and finished the card with Milky Adhesive Backed Dots.

Now we are having a Winter Ice Storm here (3 days of being stuck in the house here in AR) and my friend Crystal Muirhead mentioned her dirt road was a sheet of ice. Well.........that got me to thinking. What would an icy road look like?  


I was quite smitten with the results. Here are the Stampin' Blends I used for the Winter Version: the sky is Light Smoky Slate and the dirt road is covered in Light Pool Party ice. I left the hillside white with some Light Pool Party accents. Evergreen trees are Dark Mossy Meadow and hardwoods are Dark Granny Apple Green, fence is Bronze

We can't stop there, thought can we? Here are Spring and Fall versions as well. Guess you need this stamp set now, don't you? Sorry, not sorry!


Spring Version: grass is Light Granny Apple Green with dots of Light Fresh Freesia, evergreen trees are Light Evening Evergreen (thanks Jessica Brigden!), hardwoods are Light Old Olive and the sky Light Pool Party, fence is Bronze 


 Fall Version: The grass is Dark Soft Seafoam with a sprinkle of Ivory, evergreens are Light Old Olive, hardwoods are Light Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Light Cajun Craze (I just used dots of it from the finer tip of Blend marker, sky Light Pool Party, fence is Bronze

Here they all are together: 

I'd love to see YOUR version of this card in the comments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...